I think I’m starting to realize while I drop off the face of the earth during the school year: I’m so damn busy. This might also be why I’ve yet to find anybody write a daily blog from the seat of the studio, as they haven’t the time and really can’t be arsed. And do I blame them? No. But I’d like to at least take a shot at it, even if I do end up getting off the wagon at inappropriate intervals; after all, I did do that week-long posting stint, so hurrah! Ergo, a list (since it’s all I have time/patience for):
CHECK OUT THIS LIST
- Embarked upon a landscape painting series! It’s… not as bad as the last one but could probably still use more work.
- Sprained my wrist while embarking upon the landscape painting series. This is really pathetic. It’s also why I have time to write this today, as I took a day off to ice my wrist. Notice my excellent icing technique as I write and strain my tendons for you!
- Fixed that nasty financial aid. Kerplow.
- Started sketching daily. I already have a full page of overlapping doodles coming along quite well indeed. Will scan soon. Scanned. See above, below.
- Am also competing in a public art project. Granted, it’s for class, but it’s good experience! Great experience, even.
- Knitting, slowly but surely.
- Have so much homework. But you knew this already.
- And more! … I just can’t remember jack squat about it.
… yeah, I feel like I need to scan in that picture of the sketchbook right now to make up for the doldrums. In fact, I just did because otherwise, this would be a miserably boring sort of blog. So congratulations: you’ve just won four days of layered pen drawings in a Moleskine. Awesome! Now I’m going to ice my wrist and wonder why I thought that a pointless bullet list was a good idea vs. a simple image post. I’m not sure that all of that effort is going to turn out successful so much as at least 34%.